Tag Archive: the back squat
February 15, 2015
The Back Squat – Why Do It?
- The Back Squat is a compound movement that recruits almost every muscle in the body – when performed correctly.
- This exercise targets the quadriceps, which make up the largest muscle group of the human body.
- Of all exercises, the Back Squat induces the body to release more ‘Testosterone’ as well as the much sought after IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor 1).
- Testosterone and IGF-1 are the two primary hormones which create an anabolic effect in the body, promoting overall Strength and Muscle Growth.
- Compound lifts, like the Back Squat, promote the most over-all muscle gains.
- Lift Big = Get Strong = Get Big