Human Growth Hormone – HGH – has become like the Holy Grail. Everyone is seeking ways to increase Natural HGH levels.
It isn’t just a topic amongst bodybuilders and elite athletes. Basically, anyone over the age of forty is looking into the revitalising benefits and anti aging assurance that comes from maintaining high levels of natural HGH.
In this article I am going to share with you 7 Ways To Increase Growth Hormone Naturally. Let’s start by having a look at what HGH is and why it is so beneficial.
What Is HGH?
HGH – Human Growth Hormone – also known as Somatotropin, is a peptide hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland.
HGH is responsible for stimulating growth in humans along with cellular reproduction and regeneration and is primarily responsible for the increase in height and bone density experienced through adolescence.
Being an anabolic ‘building up’ agent, natural HGH promotes an increase in bone density and muscle mass, decreased fat storage and the growth and reproduction of cells and all internal organs except the brain.
It is because of this Anabolic effect that Growth Hormone became a sought after drug in the areas of bodybuilding and professional athletes.
Natural HGH Decreases with Age
Unfortunately, as we age our level of natural HGH decreases significantly.
Between the ages of 30 – 40 there is a two to threefold decrease in the amount of Growth Hormone secreted over a 24 hour period.
The results of which are clear – decreased bone density, muscle atrophy and lessening of cellular rejuvenation.
Growth Hormone Injections
As a drug, GH is banned by most sporting associations.
GH and ‘HGH Releasing Peptides’ are legally available as a prescription only drug, by a certified medical doctor, to treat certain FDA/FTC approved conditions.
Therefore it is prudent, and the scope of this article, to look at ways to increase human growth hormone naturally.
7 Ways To Increase Growth Hormone Naturally
- Sleep – For optimal output of Growth Hormone, it is important to get 6 – 8 hours of quality sleep each night. In adults, the most active release of GH occurs within the first two hours of going to sleep
2. Exercise – studies have revealed the best form of exercise for maximal GH release is high intensity exercise lasting at least 30 minutes.
3. Eating Habits – Eating 6 -8 smaller meals throughout the day rather than 3 larger meals has a better overall effect on Growth Hormone production.
4. Pre Workout Meal – Around 2 – 3 hours before your workout, consume a meal containing quality protein, low GI carbohydrates and some good fats. Do not eat again within two hours prior to working out (with the exception of whey powder mixed with water 20 minutes prior if desired) as exercising with undigested food in the stomach greatly inhibits Growth Hormone release as well as impacting workout performance.
5. Supplementation – There are some supplements which have proven very beneficial for increasing natural HGH production. Most notably are:
> The amino acids L-Arginine and L-Lysine. The synergistic effect of combining these two amino acids has been shown to increase Natural HGH levels up to 700%. Best taken prior to bed on an empty stomach at a dose of 1.5g each.
> L-Glutamine take 3 – 5 grams pre and post workout and before going to bed.
> Melatonin – An over the counter sleep aid. For more information on melatonin read this article from Wikipedia.
6. High Protein – Prior going to bed, consume a high protein/low carbohydrate snack (Whey Protein Isolate mixed with water is great) as the amino acids will help boost HGH whilst maintaining muscle building protein.
7. Fasting – This may appear contradictory to your muscle building efforts; however, intermittent fasting can produce a number of benefits including boosting human growth hormone. This comes via the stimulation of Ghrelin – the ‘Hunger Hormone’ which also acts as a Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide.
Basically, the ways to increase human growth hormone naturally revolve around living a balanced, active and healthy lifestyle.
Having a Nutrition Plan focusing on high protein, low GI carbohydrates, good fats and timed for boosting natural HGH levels at appropriate times is of key relevance.
Including natural HGH releasers in your daily schedule, such as L-arginine and L-lysine, can also prove beneficial in your quest to increase your growth hormone levels naturally.
I would like to finish this article with an appropriate quote:
“We do not stop exercising because we grow old – we grow old because we stop exercising.” ~ Dr. Kenneth Cooper
*If you liked this article please hit a Share Button below*
If you have any questions or relevant information you wish to share, then please post in the comment box below or contact me directly firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, don’t forget to join the Bodybuilding for Mass mailing list to receive updates, tips and the Free Bodybuilding for Mass Newsletter.
Here are some more articles you may find beneficial:
Train Hard, Train Well, Train Safe.
Blessings Be –
– Rich Far
Founder of Bodybuilding for Mass
Thank you for reading: